Monday, November 10, 2008

Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2008

I don't really know what to say to the veterans and active duty women and men of the Armed Forces who have taken on the enormous responsibility of defending their nation when called.

I don't really know what to say to those who give up months and even years of time with wives, husbands, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends and other loved ones to serve in corners of the world that far too many of us can't even locate on a map.

I don't really know what to say to those brave individuals who returned from those places with injuries and wounds both visible and hidden.

I don't really know what to say to the families who have mourned the loss of a loved one who made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of their country.

So I'll just say this:

Thank you. A million times, thank you.

No comments: